Like lots of dogs, London occasionally gets into some mischief and it’s usually harmless. But this time it wasn’t so harmless. London ate some twine and ended up with a very painful belly. His mom, Jaylene, ended up with a vet bill of over $3000, because London needed emergency surgery to save his life.
When a dog ingests string or twine, it is always an emergency because these types of linear foreign bodies tend to get stuck. There is a higher risk of intestinal perforation, which can lead to perotonitis (life-threatening inflammation of the membrane lining the abdominal cavity) or sepsis (life-threatening bacterial infection of the blood.)
Fortunately Jaylene was able to quickly get London to a nearby emergency veterinary hospital for surgery.
We’re happy to report that London has made a full recovery and is doing well.
Jaylene wrote to thank us for the VetBilling® payment plan that helped her manage the cost of London’s care: “This was a very expensive procedure but fortunately I was able to set up easy bi-weekly payments.”
We’re thrilled that she included a photo of London’s adorable mug, too. It made our day!
Jaylene’s payment plan for London:
Total cost of treatment: $3,401.40
Down payment: $1,500.00
Payments: 16 bi-weekly at $121.84
Status: Paid in full on time
Treating veterinarian: Bay Area Pet Hospital